Friday, 31 May 2013
Once again I am taking part in Vik Lit's Celebrating the small things bloghop ... So what am I celebrating this week?
Recently I have been concentrating my efforts on my new Career Development Blog and I have not been writing on this blog too much. However, the upside is that it is because I have been productive both at home and in my writing.
I have managed to maintain a regular writing routine each morning with my cup of coffee (usually starbucks) and I sort out my to-do list and write a few draft pages.
When I started I was concerned about the cost (and addiction) of the coffees (and I still am). but somehow I have developed a rather enjoyable and relaxing routine before work that sets me up for the day. So the main reason I am celebrating this week is finally establishing a productive writing routine.
On a more personal level I am also celebrating:
- new lighting in the flat (Yay, I can see to write)
- first dinner in the garden this year (and hopefully more to come as the weather picks up)
- enjoyable catch up with colleagues
- snickers bar ice creams :) yum
Have a great weekend everyone (enjoy the weather)
Friday, 24 May 2013
Once again I am taking part in Vik Lit's celebrating the small things... So what am I celebrating this week. After a rather slow week last week this one has been a rather manic one. I am feeling much better so my productivity has shot up to compensate for last week.
1. generally feeling better and having a more productive week;
2. giving the house a full spring clean including windows and walls;
3. finishing my gardening journal designs and looking forward to starting my garden;
4. babysitting the dog and having my other half's parents visiting this coming weekend; and
5. my other half enjoying and using my anniversary gift (awesome!).
Enjoy the bank holiday weekend everyone!
Saturday, 18 May 2013
It has been a tough writing week. I have been feeling lousy all week as I have a cold. I have just about made it through my normal workday of 8.30 - 5.30pm but adding in my extra writing hours before and after work just seemed impossible. I was drained.
Additionally I have favoured hand-writing draft blog posts in a notebook while sitting comfortably with a warm drink and avoiding my desk where possible.
I have been feeling like this week has been a bit of a write off, but luckily there are still some non-writing things to celebrate (as part of Vik Lit's Celebrating the Small Things Bloghop).
1. You may have noticed from previous celebrate posts I have been rewatching the complete battlestar galactica series in my downtime. This week (due to illness) I seemed to speed through the final season in a matter of days. I couldn't remember the final season at all so it was great to rewatch. However there was a certain hole that it left and so I jumped straight onto the next boxset on my list. Next on my list is Smallville. I have previously seen seasons 1-7 but not seen 8, 9 or 10. So I started rewatching Season 7 to ease me back into it this week.
2. I am looking forward to spending time wuth my other half this weekend. It is our second anniversary tomorrow so I am really looking forward to it.
Have a great weekend, Happy Celebrating!
Friday, 10 May 2013
Just realised it has been a week since I wrote on my blog - it has been a busy one. Once again I am taking part in Vik Lit's celebrating the small things... So what am I celebrating this week...
- A new Filofax (AWESOME).
- night in with G&T and some fish and chips.
- watched another season of battlestar galactica (one to go)
- introducing my other half to my love of notebooks (he is now carrying around a moleskine in his pocket).
- 1 day (yes one whole day) of sunshine.
Friday, 3 May 2013
Once again I am taking part in Vik Lit's celebrating the small things...
- Sunshine :)
- a beautiful potted plant from my housemate
- a trip up north for an old friend's birthday
- a successful networking event
- another bank holiday weekend
Whew! What a great challenge! Check out my joint reflections post here.
Wednesday, 1 May 2013
This month I am joining in once again with Alex J. Cavanaugh's Insecure Writer's Support Group. At the beginning of April I was hoping to make a lot of progress with my personal writing projects (both fiction and non-fiction).
However, last month the A to Z Challenge kind of took over and while I successfully completed the Challenge I was disappointed with the amount of writing I did. I maybe only spent 3 hours a week on writing and even then it wasn't my best content.
and to make matters worse... my Starbucks habit has returned.
I have mentioned before my issues with food (needing to eat to focus and write). My other half started on his healthly eating / diet which has motivated me to cut back on the junk food myself as I do not want to be a bad influence.
However, the result has been more frequent trips to Starbucks. Some couch time with a coffee and my writing several times a week. So have I really made progress? Honestly I am just happy I am writing (and perhaps more importantly I am enjoying my writing time). But it is not a habit I can afford to keep up. Ideally I would like to completely cut it out, but at the moment I am down to three days a week instead of daily.
Maybe by next month I will have managed to completely cut it out altogether...
In case you missed out - catch up with the complete A to Z Series:
- A is for... Appraisals
- B is for... Buddy Up
- C is for... Covering Letters
- D is for... De-Stress and Doodle
- E is for... Emails
- F is for... Five Year Plan
- G is for... Goal Management
- H is for... Happiness
- I is for... Interviews
- J is for... Job Histories
- K is for... Knowledge
- L is for... Lists
- M is for... Motivation
- N is for... Networking
- O is for... Online Resources
- P is for... Presentations
- Q is for... Quotes
- R is for... Recruiters
- S is for... Skills Analysis
- T is for... Training
- U is for... Up to date
- V is for... Vacancies
- W is for... Word of Mouth
- X is for... X
- Y is for....YouTube Marketing
- Z is for....Zzzzzz